This week on the Open Book Blog Hop we’re talking about how we spend the Christmas holidays.
On Christmas Eve, we make a huge pot of gumbo and share it with all of our friends and family. It’s a tradition in southern Mississippi. It’s the one time of year you can find the transplants from Louisiana and Mississippi all at the same seafood company so it’s like a once a year reunion!
After the gumbo eating, we all go to midnight mass together. Just sitting in the darkened church singing all the beautiful Christmas songs and just being in the moment, silent with our own thoughts of Christmas and prayers for our family far and wide.
On Christmas day it’s Mimosas and Christmas songs in the background as we watch the kiddies open their gifts.
Then it’s on to the parents and in-laws for lunch and Secret Santa fun. Then home to turn off the lights and enjoy the tree and carols!
1. Link your blog to this hop.
2. Notify your following that you are participating in this blog hop.…
3. Promise to visit/leave a comment on all participants’ blogs.
4. Tweet/or share each person’s blog post. Use ?#?OpenBook? when tweeting.
5. Put a banner on your blog that you are participating.